10 summer savings tips
Do you have big plans for the summer, but a small budget?
Here are 10 tips to put things in reach for you:
- Visit a thrift store – spring cleaning yields plenty of deals when thrift stores have an influx of great stuff.
- Work out on the cheap – many gyms offer special deals in the summer.
- Update your home goods – big ticket items like appliances are often discounted at this time of year, when the focus shifts to outdoors.
- Plan travel with online tools – these make comparison shopping easy.
- Buy produce in bulk – consider signing up for a CSA or community-supported agriculture program.
- Grow your own food – from seeds or seedlings, its wholly rewarding and healthy.
- Stick with generics
- Host a summer bash – with DIY decorations and potluck.
- Cut your gas costs – carpool or use public transportation when possible.
- Clean out your home – a garage sale can yield quick cash or you can sell more valuable items online.
Learn more about each of these tips by reading the full article 10 Summer Savings Tips.
Credit to money.usnews.com
10 Summer Savings Tips
By Kimberly Palmer, Staff Writer, May 20, 2015