Our firm has been providing accounting and auditing services to non-profit organizations for over 30 years. In fact, we’ve worked with most non-profits throughout Cattaraugus and Chautauqua counties, including:
- Chautauqua Center
- WCA Home
- Chautauqua Tobacco Asset Securitization Corporation
- Chadwick Bay Regional Development Corporation
- 1891 Fredonia Opera House
- State University of New York Athletic Conference
- State University of New York Alumni Association
- Shorewood Country Club
- Batavia Housing
- Lincoln Arms Housing
- Local schools and libraries
At JMA, we can help you identify your board’s objectives and formulate a plan to provide effective and cost-efficient services. We can then leverage your available resources, skills and abilities to customize our offerings to your exact needs.
In addition, our firm stays up-to-date on the latest finance and tax issues impacting non-profits – all so we can reduce your liability and ensure you remain in compliance at all times.
Some areas we can help you with include:
- Maintaining accounting records; preparing checks and disbursements; reconciling deposits and bank statements; maintaining capital asset records; and reporting for sales and income tax.
- Compiling the information necessary to report financial activity and financial position.
- Ensuring financial records are complete and accurate, and procedures are in place to identify and correct errors and omissions.
- Ensuring policies and procedures are in place and being followed to safeguard assets against misappropriation and fraud.
- Maintaining legal and regulatory compliance, such as completing and filing applications for non-profit status, as well as completing and filing the 990 tax forms essential to maintain non-profit status.
- Assisting with preparation of budgets.
- Determining staffing levels needed, and evaluating and designing fair and affordable compensation.
- Providing interim financial reporting (monthly, quarterly, semi-annually), as well as investment portfolio analysis and reconciliations.